Monday, January 27, 2014

Going Geeky



Mondays are for Rani’s Random Thoughts! 

I’d like to get to know some of the people reading my work, following me on Facebook or Twitter, and reading my blog. But I suppose the best way to do that is to start by telling you something about me. That’s what Mondays are all about.

Today, we’re going geeky. 

I’m not feeling 100% as I sit and write this, so I’m watching Star Trek: The Next Generation. It’s one of my favorite shows, even though it gets a little repetitive. Want to know why it’s one of my favorites?

Jean-Luc Picard.

Patrick Stewart is such an amazing actor to be able to go from Jean-Luc to Macbeth and back again. I honestly don’t know how he does it. But I very much enjoy listening to him talk, even while I’m writing. I’ve been known to just lay on my bed, write, and listen to (not watch, mind you) TNG. It’s soothing to me, in a way. I just enjoy it.
It’s like geek heaven, over here. I’m telling you.

Did I mention one of my best friends bought me the 25th anniversary Pez Dispenser set?

Best. Gift. Ever.

Granted, it’s no Doctor Who, but it’s pretty high up there.

Finally, here’s a list of all the geeky things I can see from where I’m sitting: Netflix (showing Marvel’s Avengers, Farscape, Battlestar Galactica, Sherlock, and Firefly), a TARDIS cookie jar, a vanishing TARDIS mug, Leviathan by Westerfeld, an Adipose plush, a knife with a dragons head on it, the Pez set prior mentioned, The Lies of Locke Lamora by Lynch, a collection of fountain pens, Sphere by Michael Crichton, the entire X-Men film series, a sonic screwdriver, a Circle pendant, Independence Day, Doctor Who exploding TARDIS by Van Gogh poster, and, my personal favorites, the entire collections of Stargate SG-1 and Atlantis.

Ahh… this is the life.

Please note, many of my belongings are currently in storage. :-(

{Rani Amber}

No comments:

Post a Comment