Monday, January 20, 2014

Beginnings of Blogging

Blogging is something I've tried to do on multiple occasions. It's something that a lot of writers say other writers should do, because it gets people's attention. But I've never seemed to have the discipline to keep it up, when push comes to shove.

This will be different. I am determined to make it different.

A few days ago, I asked the question on Facebook:

How many of you would be interested in a blog, if I were to actually write one?

The response was bigger than I'd expected.

So here I am, starting this blog adventure with all of you. Hopefully, it'll be a lot of fun. I already have ideas for what I'm going to post in the coming weeks and months, and I promise to post something at least once a week.
I'm counting on you to hold me to that.

For the month of February, I'm going to be posting on things like self-publishing, editing, and getting yourself to sit down at the computer (or at a notebook) and get some writing done. If I come up with anything, I might even post a few exercises that might help you get started, or share some of the things that get me going when I don't feel like writing.
As I said on my Facebook page, I may even post snippets of upcoming stories, full short stories, or even character and setting profiles, as the blog progresses. 

My goal here is to help other writers realize their potential, to get going on this crazy writing adventure on which I believe everyone has the capacity to embark.

What do you say?--will you join me, as we explore new worlds and develop characters we never thought we could've imagined?


I sincerely hope that you will.

If you like what you read, I hope that you'll share it with your friends--not only so that I'll have more readers, but so more writers can discover themselves.

{Rani Divine}

2 comments:

  1. awesome. I was a RABID blogger for a few years and now....just lazy. But I will read you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tammy! Hopefully I won't become super lazy with it... The last times I've tried, I gave up within a couple of weeks.

      Determination!

      Delete